Director of Development
The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV), and its sister organization, the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence (EFSGV), are the nation’s oldest gun violence prevention organizations. Through policy development, research translation, advocacy, community engagement, and effective training, we pursue evidence-based solutions to reduce gun death and injury in all its forms. CSGV/ESGV seeks to hire a Director of Development who is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the organization’s fundraising. Fundraising for the organization includes the major gifts program, digital and direct mail fundraising, foundation grants, planned giving, and special events. The Director works closely with the Executive Director, the Vice President for Strategy and Programs, and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
CSGV has engaged Jumpstart:HR, LLC to partner on the recruiting and onboarding efforts for this position.
● Obtain detailed knowledge of CSGV/EFSGV programs in order to communicate priorities to current and prospective donors;
● Maintain and expand direct mail and digital fundraising;
● Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors with a minimum target of $4M in annual gifts;
● Steward existing major donors to maximize participation and giving;
● Cultivate relationships with progressive donors and progressive donor networks;
● Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements;
● Coordinate with the policy teams to develop content for grants;
● Build a planned giving program;
● Coordinate fundraising special events;
● Work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to build relationships with donors and design and implement fundraising opportunities
● Participate in public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the organization;
● Oversee fundraising database and tracking system;
● Oversee creation and dissemination of publications to support fundraising activities;
● Maintain gift recognition programs.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 5+ years’ experience in non-profit or other organization
● Must embrace the mission of the organization;
● Possess strong interpersonal and writing skills;
● Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift and foundation fundraising;
● Must have familiarity with progressive fundraising networks;
● Demonstrated ability to build external relationships;
● Be a “self-starter” and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls;
● Possess the skills to manage development staff, work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers; and
● Ability to engage in regular travel.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence are Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employers. Except where otherwise provided by law, there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a parent, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodations: The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Jumpstart:HR, LLC. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.