EXTREMISM ON GUNS LEADS TO FIMIAN’S DEFEAT IN NRA’S HOME DISTRICT
November 4, 2010
Washington, D.C.—Gun violence prevention advocates and Virginia Tech survivors applaud voters in Virginia’s 11th congressional district for handing a stinging loss to Republican candidate Keith Fimian. While a wave election was sweeping the country and the rest of the Commonwealth, Fimian finds himself 820 votes behind Democratic incumbent Rep. Gerry Connolly pending a possible recount.
DISCOVERY BUILDING TRAGEDY AFFIRMS ILLEGITIMACY OF POLITICAL VIOLENCE
September 3, 2010
Washington, D.C.—The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence strongly condemns the actions of James Jay Lee, the gunman who took hostages Wednesday at the Discovery Communications building in Silver Spring, Maryland, and was later killed by law enforcement. This unnecessary tragedy was the result of Lee’s embrace of violence as a way to advance his political agenda.
- SUPREME COURT DETERMINES THAT SECOND AMENDMENT APPLIES TO THE STATES
- FAMILY OF SLAIN U.S. POSTAL WORKER VICTIMIZED AGAIN
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA STANDS UNITED AGAINST NRA's "SECOND AMENDMENT ENFORCEMENT ACT"
- "SECOND AMENDMENT ENFORCEMENT ACT" A FARCE IN NAME AND PURPOSE
- VOTING RIGHTS BILL WITH NRA GUN AMENDMENT PULLED FROM CONSIDERATION
- IN WAKE OF MASS SHOOTING, NORTON AND FENTY PREPARED TO LEGALIZE ASSAULT WEAPONS IN D.C.