The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence/Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence is currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Director of Development
Position Description: The Director of Development supports the financial development efforts of the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence (Ed Fund) and its affiliate, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV), by working collaboratively with the Executive Director and the board of directors to execute the fundraising plan of the organizations and to identify opportunities to increase fundraising revenue and visibility with donors and foundations.
• Support Executive Director in developing and accomplishing organization’s financial development goals.
• Update and maintain donor database.
• Provide timely stewardship through calls, written correspondence, e-alerts, and in-person interaction with individual donors.
• Plan and manage events for donors and prospects. Develop appropriate follow-up and implement follow-through strategies.
• Take lead in preparing submissions for foundations. Draft grant proposals and reports, coordinate with program officers, and submit final materials.
• Help develop correspondence for direct mail, email and individual donor letters as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree, plus 3-5 years professional experience in the development field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
• Some prior experience with fundraising databases (e.g., Blue State Digital, Salesforce)
• Good time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects successfully
• Ability to work independently, show initiative, and relate to donors
• Ability to keep track of shifting priorities in a fast-paced working environment
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
Compensation Level: $55,000-$65,000, depending on experience and qualifications
The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy or veteran status.
|About Us | Issues & Campaigns | Media | Get Involved | New to the Issue? | Donate|